I am starting to get a hang of this motherhood thing, although I am still learning everyday. I love spending my days with Carter and will be very sad when I have to go back to work. He's becoming more alert as he gets older and I see him changing everyday. He's getting bigger everyday and is finally into newborn clothes. I don't think the sizes are right because he didn't fit into any of the newborn clothes when he was first born.
Here's my typical day with Carter. We normally roll out of bed around 9 or 10 a.m. and I quickly get the bed made, dog feed, coffee started, and then it's time to feed Carter. During the day, I try to sneak in as much cleaning and laundry as I can but I tell you what, it is very hard to get it all done. Some days, Carter enjoys chilling on the couch while he sits in the boppy pillow, other days he just doesn't want to be put down. I need to get an infant carrier so I am hands free when he has those days. :) He normally eats every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. In the evening, he seems to eat a little more often and I haven't figured out yet why that is. I guess he's just a little more hunry. He's started to spit up after his feedings this week, this is new for him. He doesn't do it right afterwards, it kind of comes at a random time, which is a wonderful surprise. Twice, he has decided to spit up out of his nose. He wasn't happy with me when I put the nasal aspirator up his nose to suck the rest of the spit up out.
Jason generally gets home around 5 p.m. and he takes over for a while so I can have a Carter break. We both still try to get to the gym at night, taking turns, and planning it around Carter's feedings. I try to put Carter down in his basinett for bed around 10 p.m. although it really depends on when he is ready to fall asleep....some nights it 11 p.m. Carter still eats about every 3 hours during the night and ocasionally will stretch it out to 4 hours. Those are wonderful nights! I can't wait til the night he decides to sleep through the night...I will feel the best I have felt in a long time. Although, I've learned to adjust to the little sleep life. Jason's been sleeping in the extra bedroom during the week so that he can get a good nights rest. I would rather have him happy when he gets home from work...he's a guy that needs his sleeps.
Time to feed again...maybe I will get some written later about my fun experiences with Carter!
A Halloween Montage
3 years ago



1 comments:
hey leah- I saw you wrote that Carter eats more often at night--Everly did the same thing! she wanted to eat every 1 1/2- 2 hours, which meant i had no life! anyway, i read somewhere that babies are often more awake at night when they're first born because when they're in the womb they usually are rocked to sleep in the day from our movement and the noise, and then the wake up more at night when we're still. so, i guess it takes a little while for them to get on our schedule, but it does change over time! Carter is a very cute baby :) i know you are filled with so much awe right now- those are good days when you can't stop smiling looking at them. thankfully, it gets easier with more sleep! hope you guys are having fun and that people are taking care of you!
shauna
Post a Comment