Tummy Time...I am trying so hard to lift my head!
I can't believe that our little boy is now over a month old! Time flies by soooo fast! Carter is much more alert and active now. He is getting very strong and can almost hold his head up by himself without any support. When he's sitting up facing our shoulder, he will pull his head up and I know it won't be long til he's able to life his head up all the way. He's quite the little scooter. When I lay him on his stomach for some tummy time, he will push himself up the mat with his legs. He also can almost roll himself from his back to his side. He seriously is quite strong. At night when he's on his sleep positioner laying side wise, I sometimes wake up and find him all the way at the bottom of his positioner almost falling off. I am just amazed at how much he moves.
We've done quite a few things during our days together. I've accomplished going to the grocery (just once), Target, went shopping at the mall, went for a stroller walk when it was actually warm out, and even went to a movie together. There were only 8 other people in the theatre with us because we went to a matinee and he slept the entire time. He really does a good job when were out together, as long as he's not hungry. I can even stretch his feedings to 4 hours when we are out. That's quite an accomplishment for Carter, he normally eats every 2 -3 hours.
He still eats every 2 -3 hours during the night. That is so exhausting for me because I only get maybe sleep in 2 hour stretches. I have to go back to work in 2 weeks so I am hoping that Carter will sleep more than 2 hours at a time. I will be a very grumpy teacher if this is not the case. I don't want to think about going back to work but we have wonderful family and friends watching him while I am gone.
Today, we are going to get his pictures taken professionally. I am pretty excited because I don't want to forget what his little body looks like. I tried taking pictures by myself one day and they didn't turn out how I wanted them too so I thought I would leave it up to the professionals :) Here are some pictures of our growing little guy!



1 comments:
Hi there! I found your blog from Allison and Roberts. Your little guy is so cute! They do grow so fast, don't they?
You mentioned professional pictures-- I'm a photographer (although in Michigan... so that doesn't help you!) but I think your banners says you're in Indy... have you heard of Shelly Valentine? She's an amazing photographer in that area. Look her up!
Anyhow, I hope you don't think I'm too much of a stalker... I just thought I'd say hi and tell you what a cute little guy you have!
Post a Comment