Well, today marks the last the day of my maternity leave. I am overwhelmed and so sad with the thought of going back to my classroom and will probably cry everyday as I drive there next week. I love all of the kids in my classroom and the wonderful ladies I work with, but it still is overwhelming. Luckily, Carter is going to spend three of his day with his Grandma's and two days with a family friend. And I have to think good thoughts because I only have to go back for eight weeks, get a week break for spring break and then I will get to spend my summer days with him.
I'm not quite sure how I will deal with the exhaustion of working with an eight week old that doesn't really sleep well at night. Just as I think he is getting his days and nights down, he has a night like last night where he's up every 2 hours or sooner and just wants to be comforted. I love that he loves being comforted by his momma, but I do need just a little sleep. So needless to say I am exhausted today! But I just have to fight through that and make the best of the day. I guess that's how I will survive in my very energy demanding classroom. If you've ever visited my classroom, you will know how exhausting it is!
Carter has started to nap at the same time everyday...sometime around 11 and he will sleep for a couple of hours. He has actually fallen asleep for his naps this week without crying, that's a big step for him. He really is not a newborn that likes to sleep. He fights going to sleep at night and it can take more than an hour to get him to go down. And I know he's tired because his eyes are so heavy he can't keep them up.
This week, Carter had his 2 month check up at 7 weeks and everything looks good! He weighs 10 lbs 2 oz and is now 22 inches long. He had to get three different shots and that was horrible to watch. He screamed quite loud and I felt so bad for him but as soon as I held him he was okay.
A Halloween Montage
3 years ago



1 comments:
It is so hard! I hope your first week back is going well. It does get easier!
Post a Comment