Carter Owen

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Discouraging News!

Well, I was hoping to go in for my weekly checkup to find out that my cervix had dilated just a little or that I was getting a little closer to seeing this little guy...but nothing! When my doctor checked my cervix, he said that it was still very high and that it doesn't look like I've made any progress from last week. I know that this can change over night too, but still I wanted just a little something to give me hope.
The other discouraging part of the appointment was when he was listening for the heartbeat....he listened for a lot longer than usual and had a somewhat puzzled look on his face. I was just laying there thinking, all right what does this mean?!?! After about a minute, he said when he was listening for the heart beat it was much stronger the farther he moved up stomach which made him think he had flipped and was now breach (head up). He did a lot of pushing, prodding, and feeling around my stomach to see if he really thought the baby was breach and he wasn't able to tell. So, I have to go in Monday for an ultrasound to check the position of the little guy and then go back on Wednesday to meet with the doctor. If he's breach, there is always a chance he could flip again, like he was, but my doctor is afraid that he is getting too big and there isn't enough room for him to flip back down again. Great! If that's the case, it looks like I could need a C-section which was not at all what I was hoping for.
Other than that, everything is else has been going good! I have two more weeks of work left with lots of case conferences scheduled so I am sure that will make my time go by quickly. I still have a decent amount of energy which I am very thankful because I have quite the handful in my classroom! I will keep you posted and as soon as the little guy arrives...expect to see many pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray that he flips! :) I can't wait to hear the name you picked out!

Sarah said...

Don't worry, everything will be fine. I can't wait to see the pictures!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two!!!!!!!!!!!! And welcome to the Order of the Sleepless Knights!!!