This is pic of our reflection on that peanut shaped silver thing at Millennium Park
Millennium Park where the Symphony Performed Outside
Jason and I got to have a fun weekend away in the big city of Chicago. Jason had to go up on Thursday night for a training, so I decide to join him and we made a weekend trip out of it. We got up to Joliet, IL (which is on the southwest side of Chicago) on Thursday night and settled into our hotel. Friday morning we got up bright and early so I could get to the train station and Jason could get to his training by 7:00 am. I ended up having to drop Jason off at his training and drove myself to the train station, which was about 2 miles away. Poor Jason then had to walk down to the train station so he could meet me in the city. I got on the train by about 7: 30 am and was on my way to the windy city for some shopping and sight seeing. It took about an hour to get there and I couldn't imagine commuting like that everyday. I spent all morning and part of the afternoon on the Magnificent Mile shopping and checking out all of the architecture around the city. Jason got down to the city late afternoon and we headed off to grab some dinner. After getting up from dinner, I realized how tired and sore my legs and feet were getting but we still had lots to do. We went to the Art Institute of Chicago and checked out the amazing art work. They actually have free admission on Fridays, that was kind of nice. After that, we went and sat at Millennium Park and listened to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, which was also another free event. We love all of those free things :) We realized it was time to head back to the train station because we really couldn't walk anymore and took the train back to Joliet. We stayed at a Marriott Friday night that was a little closer to the city so it wouldn't take us as long to get down there Saturday morning. We actually ended up not even going to the city on Saturday because our legs and feet hurt too bad and just went home in the afternoon. I know it was a quick trip, but its always fun to spend a weekend away with your hubby!



0 comments:
Post a Comment