Carter Owen

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Carter is doing much better! He had a runny nose, cough, and ear infection this past week but is on the road to recovery with the help of some Amoxicillin. I can't wait for the winter season to already be over! I miss the Florida warmth especially with a little one that wants to go on a walk everyday!

Carter is on the verge of talking all of the time. He still rambles every once in a while but is starting to use three -four word phrases/questions. Here's some of the fun facts about the boy.
1. Loves to play with his cars and trains. I mean LOVES them! He's getting a train table for Christmas and I can't wait to see his reaction.
2. Loves to help me out in the kitchen cooking.
3. Can follow two step directions without any trouble. This boy really understands so much; it's just amazing.
4. Has an amazing memory- remembers exactly where every toys is when I ask him to get them.
5. Loves suckers- He will take his finger and swipe it on his tongue and say "Yum, yum" when he wants one. (Don't worry he doesn't get them that often).
6. Responds very well when we have to use a time out. He sits in time out with his head down until I tell him it is time to talk about why he was there- sometimes I have to walk away and giggle because he is just the cutest thing in the world when he has the "I disappointed you look on his face."
7. Loves to walk through the stores with me right next to the shopping cart- it's cute- and he thinks he is big time when he gets to do this.
8. Is drinking out of a big kid cup without any troubles
9. Has a best friend- his monkey stuff animal- he goes every where with him.
10. Still is a very little guy- weighs almost 23 pounds at 23 months of age. Can still wear size 18 month shirts and pants- although the pants are getting a little too short.

*Pics to come soon of some of the fun things we have been up to*

0 comments: