I have had such a blast this summer hanging out with the little guy during the week, and, of course the big and little guy on the weekend! We've been hitting up the pool everyday we've had sun, which, unfortunately has not been a lot. Then we either go shopping or head to the Children's Museum. Our Children's Museum is amazing! It finally looks like we are going to have some sun for a little while! I love having a neighborhood pool. It's a great place for adult interaction and for Cater to socialize and play with other little ones in the kiddy pool. I've also gotten him over his fear of the big kid pool. We got him a Puddle Jumper life vest, which is like arm swimmies and a chest vest in one. I'll take a picture of the little guy in it so you get what I mean. It's a little big for him this year but I am sure he will get a lot of use out of it next year. Anyway, he seems to be okay in the big kid pool with that vest on.
We've also been doing a lot of playing outside with the neighborhood kids. We have great neighbors and a lot of times we will just hang out in the driveways of each others' houses. We've had lots of popsicles and played a few baseball games in the backyard. I actually think the adults have more fun playing baseball than the kids :)
Carter, my mom, and I went to the Strawberry Festival last week. I love just walking around downtown...so much to see! Plus, it is fun to people watch.
Jason and I celebrated our 4 years of marriage last weekend, but, we didn't really do anything too exciting because Carter had a little stomach bug. Having kids changes everything and we are okay with that.
This weekend, Jason, Carter, Uncle Micah, and I went on a 15 mile bike ride. Of course, we went in the dead heat of the day because it was in between Carter's nap. It didn't seem too bad because there was a breeze but Jason did get burnt because he didn't apply any sunblock, nice?!? Anyway, Carter rode in the bike jogger that attaches to the back of the bikes. Of course, the bike that he was attached was the one I was riding. My dad's bike has the hitch and it is a lot nicer than mine so I borrowed it. Micah and Jason's bike seats were too high for me to ride but I did have to trade Micah halfway through because I thoughts my legs were going to fall off. I just had to stand to peddle. It was a good workout to say the least.
Carter has really taken off with his "talking". He's figured out how to manipulate his tongue to make more sounds. This morning I video recorded him for about 15 minutes walking around the living room chatting away. He would stop occasionally and just look at the camera and tell me a little story. Seriously, it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. During this time, he found two chap sticks and continued walking around while pretending to put it on his lips. He fellwhile doing this and took about two minutes to figure out how he could stand back up. He thought he couldn't use his hands to stand up because they had chap sticks in them but he could have. Anyway, he keep moaning and groaning as he figured out how to stand without using his hands. I seriously have so much fun watching him! Here's all of the words he is using...dog, drink, out, ame (mom), daddy, up, down, light, uh oh, see, this (points to things and says this).
A Halloween Montage
3 years ago



1 comments:
How about we stop being MIA so I can see some of these cute things he is doing! See you this weekend I presume!
Post a Comment