Carter Owen

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer time

As I sit here and write about our fun weekend...I have my little man sleeping on my lap. I love his cuddles. Summer is here in Indiana and it's so exciting! Jason and I absolutely love the warm weather...we lived in Florida for 2 years and didn't mind the heat at all. We only came back for the family not the wonderful Indiana weather :) Anyway, on Friday my mom and I went on our almost weekly trip to Once Upon a Child. If you've never visited one, it's a great place to find baby toys and pretty much anything else baby wise for a great discounted price. It's a gently used store for baby/kids stuff. Well, we found some great toys for Carter to add to the bundle we already have in his closet, just waiting to be played with. And I also found a jogging stroller that looks like it's never been used. Jason wasn't too excited about me getting a new one because he didn't think I would use it enough but he didn't' mind the gently used price.

So, Saturday morning, we went up to Ft. Benjamin Harrison Park to roller blade through the park with the new jogging stroller. It was a beautiful day but there were lots of tree branches down from the storm on Friday night. Jason has no fear when he is roller blading or doing pretty much anything and he was pushing Carter so I was a nervous wreck. Well, he was going down a hill and took a fall with Carter. He kind of just laid the stroller down on it's handles and the five point harness kept Carter safely in the stroller. Carter had no idea he was involved in a roller blading crash and I am thankful for that. He wasn't allowed to push him down hill after that.


Today, we decided to head to the neighborhood pool for Carter's first pool experience. I want to start him young with everything so that he's not a fearful child. We got him a killer crab float for him to float around the pool and he had quite a good time. He kept leaning forward and splashing his hands in the water. I really think he had a good time. I also enjoyed getting some sun and was thankful that I still have a few swim suits that fit!


We are kind of a goofy couple

Caught a grin on camera



So much to look at


They were kicking their feet

What a goof!



His ears are too cute in the hat from his Mimi Anderson











0 comments: