Carter Owen

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 19, 2007

It's been a while!

Well, I wish I could post a pic of the ever growing body of mine, but our camera is not cooperating with us. The screen is not showing a picture and therefore just takes a black picture. Wonderful! Anyway, we are in the process of looking for a new digital camera so I will post a pic as soon as we get a new one.
I have grown quite a bit, a good 20 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant! Hopefully, I will start to level off a little. It's just so hard to work out like I use to so I am sure that's what the scale has been going up. Everyone keeps telling me I still look small for being about 26 weeks pregnant, which makes me feel good :)
I went to the doctor last week and everything checked out great! His heart was beating about 147 beats per minute and the doctor showed me how he was laying in my belly while I was there. He said I should be able to start feeling him from the outside soon when he is moving. I have been very blessed with no complications so far from this pregnancy and can't really complain! I am sure I will be complaining soon when I can't sleep because I am too uncomfortable to lay or do anything! I go back the 8th of November for a long appointment. where I will have my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes and I will also get a Roh Gam shot for the RH negative factor. After the appointment, Jason and I have a Newborn Care class to attend (for 3 hours!). We will learn what to do with this little guy when we first get home with him and what to look for if he is sick, etc. We also start taking our Expectant Parents/Child Birth cl assess on Halloween and that class meets 4 evenings for 3 hours.
I am not sure why they decided to start on Halloween but I guess we won't be greeting trick or treaters. That's okay with me because I get to go trick or treating with my classroom throughout the school on Halloween and do the whole dressing up thing. Holiday's are a big deal at Rise and the kids and families get real into it. The kids will also be doing a karaoke show for their parents on Halloween while they are dressed. I will have to post some pics because I am sure it will be quite hilarious!
As some of you might have known, Jason was working for a company that he hated beyond all belief. He was traveling every week and working 70 or more hours and sometimes not getting home until Sat or Sun and having to leave again Monday. He was not getting compensated at all for the amount of work he was doing or the type of work he was doing. So two weeks age, Jason quit! Big leap of faith we took, but he had 4 interviews lined up last week and he was scheduled to be out town. It was the only way he would be able to interview for these other jobs. But of course, God provided! Jason got a job yesterday with Eli Lily as a Chemist :) He went in this morning to take care of paper work, do his drug test, and find out when he starts. We are hoping he starts Monday so he will start bringing in another pay check.
This is also very exciting for us because we are now looking for a house! We have been living at Micah's house, my brother. We don't mind at all living with him, but we are ready to have a house of our own with the little guy on the way. It actually worked out really nice when Jason was gone having Micah around because he kept me company. Now that we know where Jason is working in Indy we can find a central location for us that won't be a long commute for either of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My camera has been doing that lately too! :( I am so excited that Jason has a job at Lily! I worked there for one summer during college and it was great. He will love it! :)

Sarah said...

Hey Jason and Leah!
Good news about Jason getting a better job. And I can't wait to see pictures of you with your baby belly. Have you guys been thinking of names?

And you're looking at buying a house!!! How exciting! Joel and I just bought one ourselves. If you're ever back in the neighborhood you have to stop by.

Leah - from your post it sounds like you have a teaching job? How's it going? Hopefully better than the one you had in Brandon. :)

Stay warm up there you guys!
Miss you
Sarah, Joel, and Emery