Right outside our patio we have a little pond full of all kinds of animals, anything from fish, to turtles, to nutrias, to protective birds. It's quite fun to go out and look at all of these animals. Last week I was on spring break and my mom flew down to visit. We decided to take in all of the nature and went on long walks on the beach, at parks around here, and sat out by the pond at night.
A lot of people feed the turtles in our pond (which my environmental husband totally disagrees with) so they are very friendly. So we decided to feed them almost every night. They would come right up to our hands and take the bread from us. We had a little scare one of the nights, when I swore I saw a baby alligator. Jason said I was being silly because it wasn't an alligator, but it really had the eyes of an alligator. Well, luckily the "alligator" came up close enough to learn that it was a BIG turtle. A turtle with a really long neck and the eyes of an alligator. Anyway, we had a lot of fun looking at all the little zoo behind our house.





0 comments:
Post a Comment